If you are finding which are the best laptop for transcription, then read this guide. I will discuss in detail on this topic.
As many brands have come up with laptops with different features and affordable prices, it becomes difficult for a general buyer to choose the best laptop.
In this article, you will get an idea about which laptop is best for transcription.
Check these imporatnt things before buiying best laptop for transcription:
Today I will not discuss only laptops that you can buy for transcription, I am going to explain in a detailed buying guide on this particular topic. So, before purchasing any model for transcription, you must read the detailed guide.
Sound quality is the main thing that you need to check before buying a model for transcription. Check proper specification first; then, you will know which model is best that comes with high-quality sound.
Many laptops offer Dolby sound effects. You can also check this. It helps you to utilize the laptop for different transcription work.
A good quality processor can do your work smoothly and efficiently way. In my opinion, at this time, if you are going to purchase a new laptop, then you can choose between two types of processors.
One is Ryzen, and another is intel. Go for any latest generation processor because it will increase the model’s productivity and save time. The processor plays a major role in your laptop performance.
It would be best if you buy the latest Intel i7 or ryzen 6 or higher processor. I include all the best-configured laptops for transcription. You can buy any of the model in the list.
When you buy a laptop for transcription, make sure it includes a webcam. At this time almost all brand offers a webcam with their laptops.
Make sure when you buy a laptop with a webcam, it should be 720p quality. Because a 720p camera quality is very good for daily video calling and conferencing.
Storage & Memory:
It would be best if you go for a laptop that has ample storage. It would be an SSD or HDD. An SSD inbuilt laptop is faster than an old HDD. It will be a great choice if you buy a laptop that offers both SSD and HDD.
An HDD offers more storage, and SSD provides the fastest data processing within the laptop. The booting time is also increased if a laptop comes with an SSD.
It is also an important aspect that you should check when you are buying any new laptop. If you are a professional transcriptionist or want to buy a model for medical transcription, then a minimum of 6 to 7 hours of battery backup is good for you.
Some premium brand like Apple, Google also offers some additional battery backup of 9 to 10 hours. You can buy as per your choice.
If your budget is not too high, but you are looking for the best laptop for transcription, don’t buy any cheap model without any proper research. Today, I selected only laptops which are available market at a different range.
Always go for all popular brands like Apple, Hp, Google, Dell, etc. They offer high-quality laptops that are more reliable and trusted than other regular laptops.
Some other features like Backlit keyboard, Inbuilt Antivirus, Free windows 11 upgrade, Fingerprint reader function are available with different brand laptops. You can choose any of the models.
All the above points are important for you if you buy a laptop for transcription. Make sure you read the proper before purchasing any model.
Top 5 Best Laptops for Transcription In 2021 – Complete Guide
Below are the selected laptops for you that you can buy for transcription.
1. Apple MacBook Pro: (Best Laptop for Transcription)
No products found.
Apple makes one of the best laptops that is an all-purpose laptop. The durability, specifications, and the premium look it provides.
Apple MacBook Pro comes with 13 inches screen, is 1.56 cm thin, and weighs only 1.4 kg making it lightweight and portable.
With Intel 10th generation quad-core processors, Apple MacBook Pro provides about 80% faster and effective.
You can upgrade RAM up to 32 GB and up to 4 TB storage that means you do not need to invest separately in RAM or storage. You can select RAM and storage as per your need.
The keyboard in Apple MacBook Pro provides a premium feel as it is soft and easy to type. You can easily switch between games or spreadsheets with the help of an inverted T key.
Product Features: –
- Apple Macbook Pro comes with wild stereo sound and a realistic display, making it a great choice for binge-watchers.
- With a data transfer speed of 40 GB/s, you can quickly transfer files and images.
- It has a backlit keyboard so that you can use Apple MacBook Pro at night or dark.
- There is a touch id that ensures that all your information and details are safe and sound.
- The sound quality is quite good, and it is one of the best models for every user.
- Backlit and quiet keyboard with soft keys.
- Touch id to maintain privacy.
- Maximum RAM of 32 GB and storage of 4 TB.
- Intel 10th generation quad-core processor.
- Little expensive than other laptops.
- No touch screen and stylus support in Apple MacBook Pro.
2. Google Pixelbook GO: (Pixelbook Laptop for Trascription)
No products found.
Though Google is new to making laptops and PCs, the specifications and features in Google Pixelbook Go are impressive and best for normal users.
The laptops by Google are sleek and offer great battery performance that makes Google Pixelbook Go a highly recommended laptop for transcription in our list.
The battery performance in Google Pixelbook Go is pretty good. You get a battery usage of about 12 hours without charging it. It comes with fast charging facility where you get 2 hours of use when charged for only 20 minutes.
With 13.3 inches screen, 1.3 cm thin, and 2 pounds of weight, Google Pixelbook Go is very lightweight and easy to carry a laptop.
You can consider Google Pixelbook Go for binge-watching. The 13.3 inches HD quality display and the dual stereo speakers are perfect for watching movies and web series with realistic sound and visuals.
- With a backlit keyboard and Hush Keys, it becomes convenient for you to use Pixelbook during night or dark.
- Titan-C security chip and in-built Antivirus software protect your Google Pixelbook Go from viruses.
- The Google Operating System regularly updates the software.
- This Pixelbook comes with an 8th generation Intel Core processor, making it pretty fast and improving its performance.
- Battery life of 12 hours with fast charging facility in Pixelbook.
- Titan C security chip to keep your information and files safe.
- Touch screen with HD quality display and dual stereo speakers.
- Backlit keyboard with hush keys.
- There is no extra slot or option to upgrade the RAM and storage.
- No color is available except black.
3. Acer Swift 5: (Best Laptop for Transcriptionist)
No products found.
Acer is known for making budget laptops that have features and specifications needed for regular work. The design and look at a budget price are unmatched.
With a weight of just 2.87 pounds and a screen size of 14 inches, Acer Swift 5 is a light and easy-to-carry laptop. The sharp cut edges, nano-imprinted cover, and metallic hinge make it durable.
The battery life in Acer Swift 5 is good at this price range. This laptop by Acer has a battery life of 13 hours.
There is a fingerprint lock in Acer Swift 5 that protects your laptop and information from unknown users.
- If you use a laptop at night or in the dark, then do not worry. Acer Swift 5 comes with a backlit keyboard.
- The 14 inches full HD IPS and Acer color intelligent display and Acer True Harmony speakers make it the perfect choice for watching movies and web series.
- Acer Swift 5 is certified with Skype and has an HD webcam so that you can attend calls and meetings.
- The 7th generation Intel core processor gives more power to the laptop and increases the overall performance.
- Windows 10 is installed in Acer Swift 5, where you get Cortona, a digital assistant that helps in a hands-free task.
- Battery life of 13 hours.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- Durable, lightweight, and portable laptop.
- Intel’s 7th generation processor makes the laptop powerful.
- There is no touch screen or stylus support.
- The internal storage (SSD card) cannot be increased.
4. HP 15 Laptop: (Budget Laptop for Transcription)
No products found.
It is one of the popular brands. HP makes a laptop that is full of features and at an affordable cost. HP 15 is one such laptop by HP as it has features that are great for regular work, and it is very reasonable.
With a screen size of 15.6 inches and a full HD IDS display, HP 15 laptop gives a realistic display. The 15.6 inches screen with a 6.5 mm micro bezel display and 82 % screen-to-body ratio is very lightweight and easy to carry the laptop.
HP 15 has Intel 11th generation i5-1135G7 processor that makes the response fast and offers high connectivity.
The battery life in HP 15 is not up to the mark. You get a battery time of approximately 8 hours only. But yes, you get HP fast charging facility where if you charge for 45 minutes, the battery can go from 0 to 50 %.
- If you consider HP 15 laptop for meetings and class, it is a great choice as it has an HD quality camera and dual microphone that helps in crystal clear communication.
- The 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD card in HP 15 laptop helps you multi-tasking and provides faster performance than most other laptops in this range.
- The WI-FI 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 version in HP 15 helps in faster file and transfer.
- You get one year warranty with HP 15 laptop.
- The 8 GB RAM and 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD provide faster and better performance.
- The latest WI-FI 6 and Bluetooth version 5 make data transfer easy and quicker.
- HP fast charging facility
- No touchscreen or stylus support.
- The battery life is also very less of about 8 hours only.
5. Dell Inspiron 17: (Mid-Budget Laptop for Transcription)
No products found.
One of the reputed brands is Dell which offers various range budget-friendly laptops with a lot of features. Dell Inspiron is one such laptop with amazing features.
With 17.3 inches screen and weight of 6.2 pounds, Dell Inspiron is a bit heavy laptop to carry, but it is durable as it is made from good material.
The intel core i5-1035G1 processor and Intel UHD graphics with shared graphics memory make the laptop faster and better performance.
In Del Inspiron, you can upgrade the RAM to 16 GB and the memory to 512 GB SSD and 1 TB Hard Drive, which means you can have fast performance and large storage.
- It has 17.3 inches Anti-glare LED-backlit with a dual array microphone.
- Dell Inspiron laptop comes with one year of McAfee LiveSafe malware protection.
- It has an average battery life of 7.5 hours and also has battery saver mode.
- Dell SupportAssist offers system optimization and driver updates that regularly update the software.
- Upgradable RAM and storage.
- 720 P webcam that makes it good for video calls.
- Dual array microphone for crystal clear communication.
- Heavy laptop.
- A bit expensive with these features.
So, in this article, I have tried providing all the details that would help you choose the best laptop for transcription. The above laptops are hand-picked with impressive features and are from high to low range.
If you are looking for an overall laptop, then you can consider Apple MacBook Pro. It is an expensive laptop but has the best security and features.
Also, if you are low on a budget, you can go for Acer Swift 3 or Microsoft Surface Laptop Go. Both these have good features in their price range.
So I hope you got an idea about which laptop you should buy a laptop for your transcription tasks.
Leave your feedback in the comment section below
Read These Articles..... 5 Best Laptops for Keyshot-(Buying Guide) 5 Best Laptops for Maths Students 5 Best Laptops for Construction Estimating-(Buying Guide) Best Laptops for Computational Work- Buying Guide 5 Best Laptops For Docker Development-(Buying Guide)
Did You find Helpful This Post? Share with others