If you are looking the solution for query how to connect CPU to laptop without a monitor then this guide will explain you the right solution.
As laptops are famous for their portability and freedom to carry and work around wherever you want. Then, there can be reasons behind when you have to connect it to your CPU.
No matter if you are a novice or a beginner, we have a perfect solution. You don’t need to be a tech-savvy person. Indeed, the article will teach you how to connect a CPU to a laptop without a monitor.
Why should you know how to connect CPU to laptop without a Monitor?
Despite the portability and convenience of the laptops, you must get hold of the reason why on earth you have to connect your CPU and laptop.
At times, various tasks and needs demand the second monitor at the workplace or additional monitors. There can be the following reasons behind your decision:
- Your main laptop is not working well
- Swivel-chair tasks
- Various apps
- Setup coverage for more area
- Wider display for presentations
Hold on! Whatever the purpose behind it! If you have no spare monitor to do that, you need to connect your laptop to your CPU.
There is no need to rush to a local store for another monitor and get a hole in your pocket. It will invest your energy as well. For sure, nobody likes to invest in something that won’t be worth it.
Keep up with the flow and learn how to connect CPU to laptop without a monitor and even with it?
Can you connect the CPU to the laptop as a monitor?
Yes, you can do it. But keep on reading to learn how you can do it? You can use your laptop as the secondary monitor. The windows system offers MIRACAST for that purpose.
All the window devices already have it for their users. However, it would help if you learned to begin this setup for PC’s extended display:
- Click Start and then click the settings icon in the left-most corner.
- Move on to the system icon.
- Ensure you change the settings and click the available option from either of the two. Do the configuration for the remaining settings as you wish.
- The menu at the left will display “ Projecting to this PC”; just click it.
- Choose the main PC again that you want to work as the secondary display.
That’s not all!
Now get back to your main PC:
- Click notifications in the taskbar
- Then, you must select connecting the notifications.
- The main PC will begin the search for the available devices for the connection to the screen. Select your laptop name appearing on the screen.
- Accept its request for connection on the laptop.
- Right-click your PC’s desktop and click Display settings.
- Choose “Extend Desktop to this display” instead of multiple displays in its display menu.
Here you go, now your laptop will work as your other monitor.
How to connect CPU to laptop with HDMI?
Connecting your computer tower and laptop isn’t that hard. All you need is a visual display array (VGA) port to perform your task. Switch off both devices. Ensure secure connection with plugged-in ports. Finally, switch on both devices.
Right-click the primary monitor’s computer’s home screen. Either click “display properties” or Personalize.” However, these options may vary little.
Select your computer’s name. Select the main screen as monitor one and the other as monitor 2. Apply the settings by clicking OK.
You can connect your primary monitor to the other screen in this manner. However, reattach the cable if your setup fails. Reattempt to update your settings once again when done.
How to Connect CPU to laptop without a monitor?
But the game changes when you don’t have a monitor. So, do you need to learn how to connect the CPU to a laptop without a monitor?
Don’t feel disappointed if you have no monitor. Still, you can connect the CPU to the laptop without a monitor. All you need to do is follow our steps. This method works with WiFi and when you have no monitor with the connecting tower. You can connect your central processing unit (CPU) to your laptop without the fumbling of numerous wires and cables.
- Now check your Ethernet cable to bridge the connections between your laptop and CPU. Once done with it, you can start your process.
- Switch off both the devices and ensure a snug connection of the Ethernet cable in its computers’ ports.
- Switch on the laptop and the computer.
- Move on to the main menu. It may vary from computer to computer. However, it is present mainly at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the control panel on the laptop screen.
- Click “Network and Sharing”
- You will see the active networks available for the laptop.
- Select ‘Change Adapter Settings”
- Choose Ethernet network or LAN and WiFi.
- Hover over with the CTRL button and right-click because you cannot select both at a time with the mouse.
- Click ‘Bridge Connections” in the dropdown. Keep an eye on the WiFi connection till your connection bridges up.
- Open the web browser. Then, choose Network.
- Expand your network between the visible connections of laptop and desktop computers. Now, it is easy to access files and drives.
In a nutshell, learning and applying how to connect a CPU to a laptop without a monitor is not a big deal. The setup is a quick and easy task with the existing laptop or the extended monitor. All you need is a working laptop, CPU, monitors, and cables.
Read These Articles..... How to Upgrade a Laptop for Gaming?–(Follow 6 Approaches) How to Reduce CPU Temperature Laptop?-(Follow 8 Tips) How to Screenshot on HP Pavilion x360 Laptop?-An Easy Guide How to Take a Screenshot on Razer Laptop? Toshiba Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad not Working-How to Fix it?
Did You find Helpful This Post? Share with others