All of a sudden, problems catch you, and you even don’t get an idea of what to do at that time? It could be anything like falling your phone from your hands and breaking down and losing that important watch you bought last week and anything. Just like that, your laptop battery could get swollen, and you wouldn’t even know about it. But what causes laptop battery to swell? I know that you have faced the same problem and looking for the same information.
Well, the good news is, you have made up to the right place.
Therefore, have a cup of tea for yourself, forget all about other worries, and start reading with me.
Because I will tell you the basic causes of your laptop battery swelling and how you can fix these. Let’s get started!
What Type Of Batteries Do We Use In Our Laptops?
Before you learn something more about laptop batteries, you should better know what type of batteries we mostly use inside our laptops?
That’s the common thing anybody would have known, but just in case you don’t, I am here to help you and provide you with the needed information on this.
So, basically, there are three types of batteries that we find in our laptops (lithium-ion, nickel-metal hydride, and nickel-cadmium).
Lithium-Ion batteries are the most popular and are used in most laptops. They are more expensive than nickel-metal hydride and nickel-cadmium batteries.
But they have a longer life and can be recharged hundreds of times. Nickel metal hydride and nickel-cadmium batteries have the advantage of being cheaper and are the most common type of batteries used in camcorders.
Overall, mostly the laptops we have these days come with Lithium-Ion batteries because these batteries can hold the charger for a longer time. Therefore, our concern of conversation would just only be these types of batteries.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Lithium-Ion Batteries?
It doesn’t matter how much best the thing is. It always comes with some good talks and bad talks.
As the man does an evil and good deed, the same happens with your current battery inside your laptop.
I am talking about lithium-ion batteries and going to describe some of their pros and cons. Please take a look!
- These batteries you will find inside any laptop are extremely lightweight and small in size.
- These can keep more energy stored for a longer period than any other battery out there.
- The batteries come with longer cycles durations and have a shelf life. Plus, you can charge a lithium battery very quickly.
- On top of that, their self-discharge rates are very low, making it a special purchase for you to buy a battery like this.
On the cons side,
- The batteries cannot bear and do not like working in environments filled with high temperatures.
- If these batteries are not built with care and built poorly, you can think that these are very dangerous to transport from one place to another.
- Moreover, these batteries have the potential to enter a thermal runaway cycle whenever working under stress. It means the fire is very friendly to them and they can catch it.
Collectively, these are some pros and cons of lithium-ion batteries if you have one inside your laptop.
What Actually Causes Your Laptop’s Battery To Swell?
Now, let’s come to the point that if your laptop’s battery has been swollen, what could be the possible reason behind it? You should know about it and always keep this thing inside your mind.
Otherwise, the idea just could flow away, and without your knowledge, you can damage your laptop. But I will not let that happen.
There are certain causes that could lead your battery towards swelling. These are given as follows:
- Sometimes, a battery can have too much current inside its particular cell. It results in building gas and heat that ultimately swells the battery.
- Another reason for your battery swelling could be overcharging or any defect inserted by any manufacturer.
- Moreover, whenever your laptop battery goes for deeply discharging, it can also get swollen. And the battery itself could get damaged, which also results in one of the problems for your laptop’s battery.
What Things Can You Try To Prevent The Batteries Of Your Laptop From Swelling?
Besides the truth that your laptop battery could get swollen, you can still hold onto that.
For this, you can try some essential things that would result in the normal working of your laptop’s battery for a lifetime. Or a quite good span. Have a look, please!
Do Not Keep Your Laptop Battery Plugged In For A Long Time:
You should never keep your laptop plugged in for more time. It is because the lithium-ion battery working inside your PC is meant to be charged and discharged.
It means when you will keep them plugged in all the time, they will not be able to work and exercise their powers.
So, it is important only to plug in the battery of your laptop when it gets completely discharged.
Use The Original Charger:
The second thing you will have to keep inside your mind for the normal functioning of your laptop battery is using the right power source.
You must use the original charger and charge your laptop only with it. Because when your original charge gets lost or damaged, you consider a cheaper option.
And believe me, the cheaper option will not provide the power your laptop need. Plus, it could also damage your laptop battery, which you will never prefer.
If The Battery Has Been Damaged:
If you see that your laptop battery is not that competent to perform just like it was as you bought it, you should replace it.
There is no doubt that all types of batteries could get failed. Therefore, if you see the same signs as yours, you should replace them as soon as possible.
Hopefully, if you have read this post up to this end, you probably have learned or know what causes laptop battery to swell? And I do hope that the solutions I have told you would be quite helpful in this regard.
Moreover, if you have any queries, you can use the comment box to reach me. I am here to sort out your problems and provide you with the needed solution you deserve.
Have a great day!
Read These Articles..... Is It Normal For Laptop To Get Hot? Know Everything About It! Why Does My Laptop Get So Hot When Playing Games? | Find Out! How To Change Keyboard Light Color On Hp Pavilion Laptop? Should I Upgrade My Laptop Or Buy A New One? | Solved For Good! How Often Should You Upgrade Your PC? | Need To Know!
Did You find This Post Helpful? Share with others