How to change the IP address on Chromebook? If you are one of those people who want to know about the process, you are on the right path.
Today, I am here to help you change the IP on the Chromebook. There are various ways to change the IP address of the computer. Maybe you hear some process of changing IP, but what is the exact procedure you have to follow to change the IP on Chromebook.
What is an IP Address?
To start the discussion, you have to understand the type of IP address. There are two types of IP address you can find. Static and Dynamic IP.
When a static IP address is assigned to a device, that address does not change. Most devices used in practice are set to a dynamic IP address, which the networking equipment gives them a connection and changes dynamically.
When you buy a Chromebook, it automatically uses Chrome OS. After that, you may require an internet connection for your work. When you connect to a wireless network, it automatically creates an IP address.
But if you installed a wireless router provided by your cable operator, you can ask himself about this matter. They provide IP addresses, subnet masks, or other details to connect your laptop using a router.
If you have to add all the details like ipv4 address, subnet mask, or other information, the IP address is static IP. If you have dynamic IP, you don’t have to add these details. You will get one IP address.
How to change the IP address on Chromebook?
If you have a Chromebook, you can easily assign your default IP to another IP address. You are using Chromebook means you have already installed Google Chrome on your Chromebook.
So follow the below steps to change the IP address on Chromebook.
First, Close all your open working tabs to run the work smoothly. If your PC is shut down, then start the Chromebook first.
If you haven’t assigned an IP address, then Assign your IP address first using the below steps.
- Click the three dots icon technically known as the Gear button, which you found on the left side of the Chromebook screen.
- There you can find different options. You have to over the icon called the Administration button. After this, you can explore other submenus under this category.
- Then you have to click the network setting menu. After clicking this, you have to enter the password. This password is your root password. Then switch to the overview tab.
- There is an option you find below, which is the edit option. Click the edit option and then go to the address tab on the box.
- Below you will find three types of options. 1) No link and IP Setup, 2) Dynamic Address, 3) Statically Assign Ip address.
- When you fill all the fields respectively, click the following button to assign an IP address for your Chromebook.
If you assign an IP address, go back to the desktop and follow the steps to change the IP address.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Menu or three dots button, which you can find on the right side of the chrome browser.
- Then you have to click the settings button to find the Internet connection option.
- After clicking this, you have to choose the available network or change the IP address.
- Thenn click network properties, Uncheck the Configure automatically checkbox.
- After that, you can enter any new IP address for Chromebook. Enter the new IP address offered by ISP or person. You can enter the same IP address for the Subnet mask and the Gateway section.
- Close the box.
So, these are the simple steps to change the IP address on Chromebook.
Change the IP address on Chromebook FAQs.
Q: How to easily change the IP address for any windows or Chromebook?
A: You have to reboot your modem or router if you want to change your IP address within a few minutes.
Q: Any other ways to change the IP address for Chromebook?
A: Yes, you can use a different VPN network to change the IP address—it helps you reallocation to another location. So, you have to install a VPN network and change your IP easily.
Q: Does my IP address change when I use a different network?
A: Yes, if you use a different network, then the local IP address is also different. Public IP can be identical.
Q: How to check my IP address?
A: You have to click the “Run” command then write “ipconfig” It shows current IP details on your PC.
Q: Is it possible to hide my IP address?
A: Yes, you can use a proxy, tor, or ask your ISP to hide your IP address.
Q: How to change my IP address forcefully?
A: Search and open run function. Enter the command “ipconfig /release” click enter. It will reset the current IP configuration. Type “ipconfig /renew” command prompt. After pressing enter, you have to wait sometime. It automatically creates a new IP address.
This article will mention how you can change the IP address on Chromebook?. Using VPN is an effortless and straightforward way to modify your IP. If you want to change IP for a particular website visit, nothing is better than using a VPN extension on your browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox.
I hope you liked this article.
If you have any queries on this topic, please comment below. I will answer soon.
Read These Articles..... How to Find MAC Address on Chromebook?-(Follow Easy Guide) How to Set Up Chromebook for School?-(Step-by-Step Guide) How to Exit Full Screen on Chromebook?- Follow Simple Methods How to Rename Files on Chromebook? (2 Easy Ways) How to Enable Touchscreen on Chromebook?-(Follow Easy Steps)
Did You find This Post Helpful? Share with others