Does your signup page for Minecraft show no support for Chromebooks? Then you need to do a process to enjoy Minecraft on your Chromebook. Indeed, you cannot play Minecraft on your Chromebook. However, by reading our step-to-step guide you can learn how to play Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux.
In recent years, Minecraft has become really popular among youth, especially. Also, this game is one of the most liked games by users. It is a fun game to play with your friends. The interesting thing about this game is that it is used in educational institutions for educational purposes. In this game, you need to both create and survive.
There are many different versions of this game and is available online on different platforms like smartphones, computers, laptops, tablets, play stations, and Xbox.
If you are a Chromebook user and worried about how you can play this game on your device without Linux then do not worry! We are here to answer all your queries regarding this game.
This article explains how you can play Minecraft on a Chromebook without installing a Linux.
What is Minecraft?
Before starting the guidelines, let us know what Minecraft exactly is and what its history is. Minecraft is basically a sandbox construction video game and it is developed and introduced in the market by a Swedish company, Mojang Studios. It is a mind game that requires a creative mind and imagination.
This game brings up your inner creativity of building and constructing. The players are required to create blocks in a three-dimensional world. While building and constructing, they often interact with moving creatures like zombies and creepers and they have to get themselves protected from them.
One of the interesting things about this game is you do not always need a partner to play this game. You can either play this game alone or with your partners that you can find online.
Is Minecraft supported on Chromebook?
Currently, Minecraft shows no support for the Chromebook. Furthermore, Minecraft does not run on the Chromebook in default settings. As a result, Minecraft shows system requirements that work well on the following operating systems:
It reflects that as long as you have a supported Chromebook, you can use Beta- Linux on it. Therefore, it is easy to run Minecraft on the Chromebook without any mess. If you got your supported device ready in hand, you can play Minecraft on it.
Do you want to know the reason behind Minecraft not working on the Chromebook? Chrome OS of Google is used on all Chromebooks. It is a web browser so these computers have zero optimization for gaming. Get ready to root your Chromebook devices for quick access to the kernel, Linux.
Just move on to learn how to play Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux.
Can you play Minecraft on the School Chromebook?
Undoubtedly, it is not just hard, in fact, impossible to leave your favourite and trending game, Minecraft. Here is a perfect solution to all of your worries. Start working on the step-by-step tutorial.
Now, your mind must be swirling and stuck on the point that is Minecraft running on the School Chromebook? It will not run until your system has got access to the support of enabled Linux or android by the administrator. You must know that Google came up with the accessibility and usage of Linux apps on your school Chromebooks. However, again it is entirely the choice of your school administrator.
Minecraft came up with an Education Edition to run on your Chromebook. It is a perfect combination of creativity, problem-solving tasks, and collaboration. Students, who wish or love to play Minecraft on their school Chromebook, have the benefit of this new edition. However, you can find this game in the Google Play store.
Once again, you need your administrator rights and permission for installation. With all the above prior knowledge, you need to learn how to play Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux.
- Firstly, you need to tap settings and open them. You must enable the Google Play Store. This step will let you use the Play Store on the Chromebook. It will let you install any of the Android apps you wish to.
- Just open your device’s Play Store. Search for an education edition of Minecraft. You need not worry, it is free. Just install your favorite game and experience the difference.
- You must remember that there are 10 logins for free for the students’ edition. After that, you need to purchase a subscription from then onwards. Besides these things, you are bound to log in to Minecraft with your school account.
How to Play Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux?
- Before you begin the process, ensure you have set your Linux in the Chromebook. To be precise, open settings. Then, tap advanced settings in its left pane for the menu expansion. Later on, Tap developers. However, if you see no developers menu in your school Chromebook, you need to contact the school administrator for further assistance.
- In the developer’s menu, tap turn on beside the section labeled as “ Linux Development environment (Beta).
- You can open and work on Linux after its installation. Tap the button “search” on its keyboard to look for the terminal. Finally, open it as well as the App Drawer. You can search the Linux apps. Here you will see a terminal.
- Time to run the following command. It will let your Linux update to its latest build. sudo apt-get update && Sudo apt-get upgrade –
- Open Minecraft’s official website and download the file Debian/Ubuntu (Minecraft.deb). Then, transfer the file in the section of Linux files in the Files app.
- Double-tap your downloaded file to click the installation button. Here you go with your Minecraft on the Chromebook.
- Search Minecraft through the search key present on the keyboard. Minecraft Launcher will open. Also, Minecraft Launcher can open from the Linux Apps in your App drawer.
- After that, you have to log in through your Microsoft account or Mojang.
- Next you have to tap Play Demo to begin the download of the latest release. Once your update is installed, the app will reopen after closing. If your app doesn’t work automatically, meaning it does not open, you can open Minecraft Launcher via App drawer.
- Now you can play Minecraft on Chromebook. Just tap the Play Demo and your gameplay will start.
TIP: To play your favourite game without any jitter on the Chromebook, adjust the sensitivity of mouse settings to Hyperspeed. However, type the following command and restart your Chromebook to play with the locked mouse pointer.
This game has a large number of users and people play this game from all over the world. The reason for the popularity of this game is that it takes you to the world of fantasy where you are free to create buildings in the way you want to. There is no hard and fast rule of playing this game, nor does it have instructions to follow, which players like most about the game.
Playing Minecraft is fun but not installing it on a Chromebook without Linux. You need to put a little more effort into installing and playing it on a Chromebook as its version is not available for Chromebooks. But, we hope that after reading and following the instructions that we have mentioned above helps you and answers your queries.
Therefore, you know how to play Minecraft on Chromebook without Linux. The Android version seems to be stellar for the school Chromebook. However, Linux support is necessary for the Java edition, where you can play the full version of the game. Moreover, the updated Linux (Beta) lets your Chrome OS and Linux apps games to be with an improved experience.
Read These Articles..... How To Fix a Chromebook Black Screen?-(Follow Easy Guide) How to Video Chat on Chromebook?-(4 Different Ways) How to change IP address on Chromebook? (Follow Easy Guide) How to Find MAC Address on Chromebook?-(Follow Easy Guide) How to Set Up Chromebook for School?-(Step-by-Step Guide)
Did You find This Post Helpful? Share with others