No matter how advanced the time gets, sometimes something is replaceable. We are living in a time where everything is digital, from what we write to what we read. Yet, you still need to print your docs from your laptop like a Chromebook. Do you know how do I get my Chromebook to recognize my printer?
Setting up a printer with a Chromebook has never been an easy task. It takes time for a laptop to recognize the device, especially when linking it for the first time.
In this guide, I’ll be covering a general guide that will solve your issues effortlessly despite what model of Chromebook you have.
How Do I Get My Chromebook to Recognize My Printer?
Before stepping into the process, I recommend you secure a stable internet connection. As things are now advanced, prefer linking your printer via an internet connection instead of wires.
Connect the printer with a home internet connection
Technology has evolved everything we use in our everyday life, be it the room freshener to the laptop or even the printer. The time is far behind when we used the wired printer, getting confused with the multiple wire connections.
Before altering the settings, connect your printer with the Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn the printer ON and connect it to the home Wi-Fi connection.
- If connecting the printer with the home Wi-Fi connection sounds troubling, check the printer’s manual guide for the step-by-step process.
- Now, power ON the Chromebook and connect it with the Wi-Fi connection.
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same internet. If not, you won’t succeed in recognizing the connection.
- From the corner of the screen, click on the time icon. It will open the pop-up Windows.
- Select the Settings option from the pop-up Windows.
- Scroll till the end and select the Advanced option.
- Expand the Advanced menu and navigate to Printing > Printers.
- From there, click on the Add Printer option.
- From the dropdown menu, select the name of your printer.
- Your printer name will be mentioned on the front panel.
Note: If your internet connection is all-set, but the printer is not connecting, and you are wondering how do I get my Chromebook to recognize my printer- try switching ON and OFF 2-3 times. Or factory reset the printer.
Connect the printer wirelessly with the Chromebook (optional)
Might be possible your printer is not compatible with a Wi-Fi connection, or you do not have a stable Wi-Fi connection at the moment. What you can do is connect your device manually without the home internet as follow;
- Sign in to your Chromebook and refresh the Windows.
- From the right-bottom corner, select the time icon.
- Like previously, a pop-up Windows will open.
- Select the Settings option and navigate to the Advanced Settings option.
- Again, select the Printing option then the Printers option from the dropdown menu.
- After that, click on the Add Nearby Printers option.
- Since there is no connected medium between the Chromebook and the printer, click on the Add Manually option to add the printer.
- Provide the correct required information in the Address bar; your printer type and name.
- IPP is the most common protocol; try it first.
- Once done, click on Add.
- Possibly, your Chromebook might not recognize the printer. To deal with it, check the Printer Configuration and PPD files.
- Your Chromebook will ask you to provide details like model number and manufacturer.
- Fill in the form.
- Or, if the printer is not copiously associated with the type of your Chromebook, try the Advanced Setup Route.
- Browse your printer data for Printer Language and Emulation.
- Proceeding that, select the Generic option, and then click on the Add button at last.
Print your Pages
After the long hustle of how do I get my Chromebook to recognize my printer, now is the time to print your pages. To do so;
- Open the document you want to print.
- You have two options, either click on the print option from the side menu and use the short keys like Ctrl + P.
- Make sure your printer is connected to your Chromebook.
- From the menu, click on the name of the Printer.
- Select the layout (portrait or landscape), color, page count, and the whole document.
- Click on the Print option to get the pages printed.
Keep checking for updates
Even after trying all possible ways, your Chromebook might refuse to recognize the printer at some points. The only reason behind this is not to date operating system.
If you have ever noticed, your Chromebook gives update signals with an arrow at the bottom corner of the screen. Or, when shutting your laptop OFF, you will receive the Restart and Update option. Click on it for updates.
- Navigate to the settings and click on the 3-horizontal lines.
- Select the option, About the Chrome OS.
- All updates notifications will display here.
- Click on Check for Updates, if any.
- For new updates, Restart the Windows will pop up. Click on the option, complete the installation and reboot the PC.
What about Google Cloud Printing?
Just the way DVDs are not here anymore, the same is happening with the paper documents. Still, at some points, we need paper printing. Since you have a Chromebook, try printing your documents with Google Cloud Printing.
Connect your Chromebook and Printer to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Sign in to your Google Chrome and click on the three dots.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Settings option.
- Type Cloud Print in the search bar and select the Manage Cloud Print devices option.
- Choose the Add Printer option. Add the device name and further information.
- Click on Manage your Printers to navigate to Cloud Printing.
With this, I hope you know how do I get my Chromebook to recognize my printer? Use home internet connection or Google Cloud Printing or effortless and on-time printing. Still, if you encounter any issues, comment down below.
Read These Articles..... How to Play Minecraft on Chromebook Without Linux?-(Need to Know This) How To Fix a Chromebook Black Screen?-(Follow Easy Guide) How to Video Chat on Chromebook?-(4 Different Ways) How to change IP address on Chromebook? (Follow Easy Guide) How to Find MAC Address on Chromebook?-(Follow Easy Guide)
Did You find This Post Helpful? Share with others