“Share your desktop screen with us so we can understand the project better,” your employees explained during a meeting. Being the boss, won’t it be embarrassing you ask how to connect Chromebook to projector with HDMI?
For sure, it must be!
Let me save you from such embarrassing moments. Here, I’m sharing four methods of connecting a Chromebook to a projector with or without an HDMI cable.
How to connect Chromebook to projector with HDMI?
Projectors are most likely to have HDMI ports for connectivity. If your projector also has one, then your task is going to be effortless. Moreover, if your Chromebook lacks an HDMI port, you can use a Chromebook HDMI adapter or vice versa.
Follow the step-by-step guide to connecting the projector with the Chromebook via HDMI port.
- First, power ON your Chromebook as the adapter will consume much of the battery.
- If you are using the HDMI cable, plug in the cord in the HDMI port. Or, if you are using an HDMI adapter, plug in the USB 3.0 port.
- Connect the opposite end of the HDMI cable with the projector.
- Set your projector on content displaying mode with the correct HDMI input.
- At first, the Chromebook will take the projector as a second monitor with an extended display.
- Open apps or streaming windows and drag them to the projector’s workspace.
- Refresh the laptop and stream whatever you want.
How to connect Chromebook to projector wirelessly?
Yes, you heard it right. Why get puzzled by the wire mess when you can connect your Chromebook to a projector wirelessly? In contrast, two things are compulsory for this method;
- Streaming device
- HDMI input on the projector
- In-built Wi-Fi/ wireless streaming
Firstly, the streaming device should be high in quality with an HDMI port to link with the projector effortlessly. However, if it also lacks an HDMI connection, use an HDMI-USB adapter.
- Power the projector and plug in the streaming device.
- You should be signed in to the streaming device with access to the streaming apps.
- Secondly, if you are using it for the first time; first, sign in and get access to streaming apps, then connect it with the projector.
- Now, connect the streaming device to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Power your Chromebook and refresh the windows.
- Open the Chrome browser. On the right top corner of the screen, click on the three dots (Settings).
- In the dropdown settings menu, select the Cast option.
- Certainly, the Cast option will display all nearby streaming devices, even your Smart TV. Only select the desired streaming device.
- Again, go to the Cast option, and click on the Source dropdown menu.
- Here, select the Cast Desktop option to share the desktop display to the projector.
For this method, you don’t need any device or cable. The latest projectors come with wireless connectivity like Bluetooth and in-built Wi-Fi. What you need to do is;
- On the right corner of the windows, click on the Notification section.
- First, turn ON the Bluetooth to discover more devices.
- After that, select the Project option, then the Connect to a wireless device option.
- As a result, your Chromebook will search for nearby wireless devices. Make sure your projector’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are ON.
- Once the name displays, click on it to connect both the devices.
- Wait for a few seconds, refresh the windows and stream.
When done, navigate to the same Project option and disconnect the connected device to stop streaming.
How to mirror a Chromebook display to a projector?
For the first method mentioned, adjusting the Chromebook display is not a piece of cake. If you are wondering about how to connect Chromebook to projector with HDMI, try out this method.
- Refresh the windows and go to the Settings.
- Under settings, select Device option, then Displays.
- After that, two rectangles will display in the dropdown section of Display options.
- Both the rectangles represent native and projector (don’t alter any).
- Select the Arrangement option from the side menu.
- In the dropdown section, tick the Mirror Built-in Display option.
- It will mirror the Chromebook display instead of adjusting it for the projector.
That’s it! Now you all know how to connect Chromebook to projector with HDMI or without. All mentioned methods are effective and quick to carry out.
In my perspective, you should try the wireless connection since it doesn’t need any additional cords or changes on the Chromebook. Nevertheless, an HDMI connection is also good to go as it doesn’t drop signals and keep the streaming out-class.
Lastly, don’t leave without sharing your feedback in the comment section. I’m waiting to hear back from you.
Is a Chromebook compatible with a projector?
Most Chromebooks are compatible with aftermarket projectors. The compatibility comes with the presence of HDMI or mini HDMI ports. Nevertheless, if your Chromebook doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can use a USB-HDMI adapter.
How do I get my Chromebook to display on a projector?
Connect your projector with a streaming device using HDMI cords. On your Chromebook, open the browser and select the Cast option from the settings. After that, select Cast Desktop from the source and display your desktop to projector.
Why does HDMI not work with the Chromebook?
First, make sure you are connecting it perfectly; and the cord is in tip-top condition. Yet, if the cable is working with all devices except your Chromebook, then the port is defective. Get it changed to solve the issue.
How to split-screen on a Chromebook?
Press and hold the Screen Maximizing option, then drag the arrow to the right or left corner of the screen. Repeat the process for about a few seconds.
How do you factory reset a Chromebook?
First, back up all of your data (files, videos, and photos) before resetting the Chromebook. Secondly, sign out, and press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R, and select restart. Follow the step-by-step process mentioned and continue. Once done, sign in to your account.
Read These Articles..... How to Make Minecraft Less Laggy on Laptop?-(Follow 4 Easy Steps) How to Record Xbox 360 Gameplay With a Laptop?-(3 Simple Ways) How To Get Better FPS In Minecraft on a Laptop?-(Follow 5 Methods) How to Use A Laptop Hard Drive in an Xbox 360 Slim?- (2 Easy Ways) How To Connect Xbox One To Laptop With HDMI Cable Windows 10? (A Guide)
Did You find Helpful This Post? Share with others